Louis E. Hoffman began the manufacture of bicycles with his brother at 44 - 46 Sheriff Street, Cleveland Ohio, in 1895. In 1896 the Hoffmans introduced a bicycle frame with an internal triangular shaped tube to stiffen the frame. Hoffman's wheels were very light and well made. Hoffman continued production until 1899 gaining many patrons including Conn Baker a famous racer and trick rider.
This Hoffman bicycle dates to 1896 and is most likely the Road Model # 7.